This two week course is for members who have just got a PC, tablet or Smartphone and need to learn the concepts and first essentials in sending and receiving emails.
This course will be taught using the SeniorNet computers which have Windows Live Mail and Gmail running on them. Students can bring their own machines and the tutor will help them to establish their own email systems if needed.
This course will help you to:
- Choose the email system that is best for you.
- Distinguish between client based systems (eg: Windows Live Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird etc, or cloud based systems (Gmail, Yahoo etc)
- Understand how the emails process works.
- Set up an email address.
- Compose and send messages.
- Reply to messages.
- Create and use the address book or contact list.
- Learn the “golden rules” of email messaging.
- Understand Email security and how protect yourself against the nasties out there.
Prerequisites: Introduction to computing
Course consists of two consecutive classes
Cost: $5 per class, total of $10, paid at first attendance